1. Discuss which of the multiple intelligences you have strengths in and then discuss some of the core characteristics of that (or those) intelligences. Discuss which of the core characteristics best describe you and your learning style.
-According to the in-class MI inventory I took, my greatest strength lies in the intrapersonal multiple intelligence category. Some of the core characteristics of this intelligence include self-regulation (monitoring one’s thoughts, actions, and behaviors) and metacognition (the awareness of one’s thought processes). I feel that I especially relate to the self-regulation characteristic; I am often monitoring the way I think and act and I am constantly considering how my actions affect those around me.
2. Discuss what students with this type of intelligence enjoy, are like, or tend to do within classroom settings.
-According to the multiple intelligences profile website I have been using in class, students with intrapersonal intelligence set realistic goals, follow their instincts, and express strong like or dislike of particular activities. These students are able to sense their own strengths and weaknesses and they relate to others based on their sense of self.
3. Discuss how you will support this type of intelligence within your classroom and within your teaching.
-Based on suggestions from the MI profiles website and my own intuition, I plan to support intrapersonal intelligence within my classroom by providing my students with opportunities to express their feelings on a topic, have students set goals for themselves in the classroom, and create opportunities that allow students to reflect on their learning.
4. Discuss what technologies stimulate this type of intelligence.
-Technologies that I could use in my classroom to stimulate intrapersonal intelligence may include surveys, class discussions, journals (personal student journals and class journals), digital portfolios, and self-assessments.
5. And finally, discuss how you might impact student learning by applying your understanding of learning styles and multiple intelligences within your classroom.
-By understanding each learning style and being able to pin-point different multiple intelligence strengths among my students, I should be able to adjust my instructional methods to accommodate my pupils. For example, I could use a variety of different projects in my classroom that would allow students with different strengths to work collaboratively with each other. I could use classroom games like "Big Cheese" to combine linguistic tasks with performance-type activities that utilize rhythm and movement as well as oral speaking. Creative games and activities like this have the potential to address a variety of learning styles (kinesthetic, linguistic, rhythmic, etc) at one time. The more in-tune a teacher is with his or her students' learning styles, the more understanding and effective that teacher can be when creating lesson plans that students will enjoy and learn from.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is an outstanding summary of your MI profile results. I liked your comments about the different projects targeted at creating a collaborative work group.
ReplyDelete